How to register and join the conference on chemical innovations
Register here: https://insight.klinkhamergroup.com/s3chem/?variant=digital
The promotion of innovation in chemical related areas is an important objective of the partner regions, which have highlighted these topics in their Smart Specialisation Strategy (RIS) as basis for ERDF innovation funding from 2014 until 2020.
Chemical innovations are important for many downstream industries and help to find solutions for societal challenges in areas such as new materials, energy, alternative feedstock, etc.
The S3Chem project wants to improve the implementation of RIS with focus on chemical related topics with the help of interregional exchange of experiences and mutual learning between public authorities from seven European chemical regions.
Chemical companies and relevant research institutions should be supported to better access ERDF innovation funding. The governance of the RIS in the chemical related innovation areas should be improved in close cooperation with triple helix clusters and networks. The partners will change the strategic focus of their policy instruments based on good experiences from the whole partnership. Therefore they developed action plans which have been implemented in the second project phase.
The virtual end event of the S3Chem project on Thursday 22 October 2020 from 10h00 to 12h00 marks the end of this second project phase, as well as of the entire project.
Stakeholders, project partners, EU representatives and the ECRN network/S3Platform Chemicals will showcase the power of chemicals in the smart specialization strategies of all seven regions.
2nd Dissemination Conference Interreg Europe project S3Chem
10h00 Word of welcome and opening by Ruud Burlet, Regional Minister Province of Limburg (NL) and Vice-President of ECRN
10h05 Keynote Brightlands: Challenges of a European Chemical Excellence Site – CEO Circular Hub, Lia Voermans
10h15 Interview session by Simone van Trier with high level representative partners: What are the deliverables of S3Chem for your region?
· Saxony-Anhalt: Dr. Jürgen Ude, Secretary of State, Ministry of Economy, Science and Digitalisation Saxony Anhalt
· Catalonia: Maria Matilde Villarroya Martínez, General Director for Industry, Ministry of Business and Knowledge Catalonia
· Mazovia: Marcin Wajda, Director Regional Development and European Funds, The Office of the Marshal of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship in Warsaw and Vice-President ECRN
· Asturias: Eva Pando, CEO IDEPA (Asturias Development Agency)
· Lombardy: Fabrizio Sala, Vice-President of Lombardy Region and President of ECRN
11h05 Showcases of the S3Chem partners
· Limburg: Marnix van Gurp, CEO Brightlands Materials Center
· Wallonia: Geoffrey Parks, SOWALFIN, CRAFT platform Wallonia
· Lombardy: Ilaria Re, Director of Consorzio Italbiotec
11h35 Looking ahead to the future – where does this project take us in the short and long future?
· Interreg Europe Secretariat Lille: Jasón Martinez
· Saxony Anhalt: André Mangelsdorf
12h00 End of conference
To learn more on Interreg Europe project S3Chem: